Gujarat govt. has announced 8 new schemes in order to provide financial assistance people of Unreserved Category on 10 August 2018. This assistance is for jobs, education, self employment opportunities to EWS people. Here we are providing the complete List of 8 Schemes for General Category people. Now all the poor candidates belonging to 58 castes who are not eligible for any kind of reservation quota can take the benefits of these schemes.
Out of the total 8 announced schemes, 7 schemes are only for those people whose annual income is less than Rs. 3 lakh per annum. Around 1.5 crore in the total 6.5 crore population of Gujarat are not eligible for any type of reservation and thus are deprived of employment and education related benefits.
Gujarat Unreserved Educational & Economical Development Corporation will implement these schemes with an outlay of Rs. 600 crore.
List of 8 Schemes for General (Unreserved) Category in Gujarat
Gujarat Govt. announces 8 schemes for students and young entrepreneurs from economically backward sections of general category communities who do not get benefit of reservations. The state currently has 49.5% reservation (7.5% for SC, 15% for ST and 27% for OBCs). In 1992, the honorable Supreme Court has set the maximum limit of all types of reservation at 50%. Here check the complete list of 8 schemes for General (Unreserved Category) people in Gujarat:-
- Education Loan Scheme upto Rs. 10 lakh – Any person from general category can take loan of upto Rs. 10 lakh at 4% interest for admission in self financed medical, engineering, pharmacy, nursing, architecture and other technical courses in college from GUEEDC. For this, annual income of the family of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 3 lakh p.a and he/ she must have secured at-least 60% in 11th and 12th class.
- Foreign Studies Scheme (Loans upto Rs. 15 lakh) – GUEEDC will also provide educational loans upto Rs. 15 lakh at 4% interest rate to candidates who wants to pursue higher studies in foreign countries. For this, candidates must have secured at-least 60% marks in 12th class and annual family must be less than Rs. 4.5 lakh p.a.
- Tuition Assistance Scheme (Rs. 15,000 p.m) – All the meritorious students of Class 10th who have secured more than 70% marks and are studying in Science stream in Class 11th and 12th will get Rs. 15,000 p.m. This assistance will be given as tuition fees from the corporation. This will be also known as Tuition Sahayata Scheme.
- Private Hostel Students to Get Monthly Assistance (Rs. 1200 p.m) – All the unreserved category students who are staying in private hostels and whose family income is less than Rs. 3 lakh p.a can get monthly assistance of Rs. 1,200 for 10 months in an year.
- Coaching Assistance for 12th Class Students (Rs. 20,000 p.a) – All the students of Science Stream of Class 12th can avail coaching assistance of upto Rs. 20,000 per year. This assistance would be given for the preparation of Entrance Exams like NEET and JEE.
- Coaching Assistance for Graduate Students (Rs. 20,000 p.a) – Students of general category who have passed their graduation degree and wants to appear for competitive exams can avail this scheme. For UPSC and other exams, the corporation will provide Rs. 20,000 towards coaching fees.
- Loans for Doctors and Advocates (Rs. 10 lakh p.a) – All the doctors and advocates of general category can also avail loans upto Rs. 10 lakh to start their own clinics and offices.
- Self Employment Loan Scheme (Rs. 10 lakh p.a) – Under this scheme, the state govt. is focusing on creation of self-employment opportunities. Anyone who wants to start their own business such as grocery trade or transportation can get loans upto Rs. 10 lakh at 5% interest rate. For women, the interest rate for the same amount is 4% p.a
This announcement is to counter the Hardik Patel’s agitation starting on 25 August 2018 for Patidar Reservation (Aarakshan). These schemes will benefit total 1.5 crore poor people and will entitle them to avail jobs and education related benefits.