PM Narendra Modi has unveiled FUTURESKILLS Platform during the inaugural session of World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2018. Subsequently National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has developed this portal in order to upskill 2 million existing IT employees and skilling another 2 million potential employees and students over next few years.
FUTURESKILLS is going to upskill the technology professionals in India and focuses on creating skills for future jobs in India. This platform aims at digital empowerment of youth and is major initiative towards “Digital India”.
NASSCOM and Central government will work together for skilling and reskilling of young people and thus contributing towards Digital Inclusion.
FUTURESKILLS Platform – Skill Development Technologies
NASSCOM platform will provide skill development training in 8 various technologies which are specified as follows:-
|Artificial Intelligence (AI)||Virtual Reality (VR)|
|Robotic Process Automation||Internet of Things|
|Big Data Analytics||3D Printing|
|Cloud Computing||Social and Mobile|
PM Modi has applauded this initiative of training approx. 4 million existing and potential employees.
FUTURESKILLS Platform – Details
Below are the important features and highlights of this platform:-
- FUTURESKILLS for up-skilling and re-skilling of workforce in ICT technologies will complement “Digital India” initiative.
- Accordingly, this platform will prepare talented candidates for industries and provide them opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
- FUTURESKILLS will prepare the roadmap for sustainable growth in various fields with 3 distinct roles for AI.
- Moreover, this platform will re-engineer education along with creation of employment prospects.
- In addition, this platform will enable discovery, continuous learning and marketplace for best in class training providers.
- Furthermore, candidates will get certifications for each of these job roles and skills along with customized pathways for learning.
A new technology destroys 10 old jobs but also creates 100 new jobs. Subsequently, this reskilling platform is essential to manage such a skill transition with least disruption. India’s IT revenue basically depends on newer technologies, so companies wants to provide training in order to retrain their employees whose skills become obsolete.
NASSCOM Signing MoU with MeitY
NASSCOM also signed an Memorandum of Understanding with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to provide financial support and foster, cultivate and strengthen reskilling initiatives. Moreover, NASSCOM and MeitY will work in collaboration to provide skill development and continuous learning to individuals in IT-ITES industry and its aspirants along with employees belonging to other sectors.
This MoU will promote Digital Inclusion and thus will lead to Digital Empowerment. In today’s world, with the introduction of new technologies like AI, Blockchain and IoT, reskilling of young professionals is critical. This MoU will enable govt. to re-skill candidates through extending its support to industry and other stakeholders.