Central government has launched Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan 2018 under Namami Gange Programme. This is a one week programme starting from 9 July 2018 to 15 July 2018. Under this Ganga Vrikshapropan Saptah, trees will be planted in a mission mode in 5 states present along the lines of Ganga River. So, anyone who want to lend a hand in Cleaning Ganga can lend a helping hand in planting trees.
PM Modi has launched Namami Gange Programme in June 2016. With this initiative, govt. wants that “Everyone must work together and ensure that holy Ganga is free from dirt. Trees brings rain and improve water level. They reduce occurrence of flood, soil erosion and pollution while contribute towards protecting Ganga.
People can participate in Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyaan 2018 & do bit towards cleaning Ganga.
Ganga Vrisharopan Abhiyan 2018 – Activities
This campaign is being launched in the 5 states – Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal. Govt. has started various activities under this segment of Namami Gange Programme which are as follows:-
Activities under Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan 2018
Namami Gange Programme, an integrated conservation mission with primary objective of effective reduction in pollution, conservation and rejuvenation of the Ganga. For more details, candidates can contact District Forest Office.
Ganga Vriksharopan Saptah to Plant Trees for Clean River
Ganga Vriksharopan Saptah will start from 9 July 2018 and end on 15 July 2018. The major do’s and dont’s in this week are as follows:-
- Use dustbins for dumping solid waste along Ghats.
- Don’t dump plastic bottles in Ganga.
- Promotion of cultivation of medicinal plants across the Ganga Basin.
- Development of Eco-Skills and Capacity building training among volunteers also known as Ganga Mitras.
- Spreading public awareness among school children and local people.
- Information education and communication activities along with regular cleaning of ghats.
Survey of India will start the process of geo-mapping of Ganges and adjoining areas. All the information of Ganga river will be collected essential for clean river.
How Trees Help to Protect Holy Ganga – Namami Gange
Some of the major impact of planting tress over riverside are as follows:-
- Improve ground water level recharge
- Reduce flood and drought
- Protect Biodiversity
- Prevent Soil Erosion
- Improve Water Quality and Regulate Rainfall
Trees plays an important role in cleaning and rejuvenation of Holy River Ganga.