Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC) under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas, GOI is going to held a contest named “Solar Chulha Design, Innovate & Create” to develop an affordable and versatile solar-powered stove system for the country. The registration process for the Solar Chulha design contest has been started by ONGC at startup.ongc.co.in. The interested candidates can apply for the contest by 1st December 2017.
The purpose of this initiative is to create a design of Solar Chulha by harnessing the latest technology and innovated ideas. About 700 million Indian households are using biomass for fuel in their kitchen every day which is causing various health problems especially among women. Therefore, ONGC is inviting Entrepreneurs / Scientists / Researchers (as individuals or in groups) who are interested in innovation to participate in the contest.
The interested candidates can participate in the contest and can make their registration online at startup.ongc.co.in. Below is the detailed registration process.
Solar Chulha Design, Innovate & Create Online Applications
Interested candidate can follow the below steps to make their registration for the contest
STEP 1: Visit the official website at https://startup.ongc.co.in.
STEP 2: Click the image of “Take up the Challenge to design an Efficient Electric Chulha” on the homepage.
STEP 3: Subsequently, click on the “Online Application form for Solar Chulha innovation Challenge – Form A” link at the bottom of the page.
STEP 4: After clicking, a registration form will appear on the screen.
STEP 5: Now fill all the details in the application / registration form and click on “Submit” button to complete the Part-A of the application form.
Moreover, the shortlisted candidates can submit their entries as per application format (PART B) by 15th April 2018. Below given is the link of Part B application format.
Solar Chulha Design, Innovate & Create Selection Process
Below given the detail of eligibility criteria and selection process of the candidate for the contest
- The candidates including Entrepreneurs / Scientists / Researchers having interest in innovation can participate in the contest.
- The expert panel will shortlist 10 entries from all entries. However, this expert panel can shortlist more candidates, if found attractive.
- The shortlisted candidates including entrepreneurs, scientists, researchers for this contest will be asked to demonstrate their design of Solar Chulha at New Delhi by end of April 2018.
- In addition, the interested students from academic and research institutions will also be eligible to participate in the contest through the 3rd National Competition 2017 on Design, Development, and Demonstration of Solar Chulha.
- This 3rd National Competition 2017 announced by the ONGC Energy Center.
- However, any ONGC employee and any member of the evaluation panel, experts, and jury who are directly involved in the execution and evaluation are not eligible for the Contest.
- The candidate can see the details of 3rd National Competition 2017 under News/Tenders/Advertisement tab at ONGC Energy Center website.
Contest Prize Money
Below given the list of 3 prizes which will be given to the winner candidates:-
1st Prize – Rs. 10 Lacs
2nd Prize – Rs. 5 Lacs
3rd Prize – Rs. 3 Lacs
B) About 1000 units will be initially procured for the demonstration in different regions of the country after the successful demonstration and testing of the performance of a few units.
C) The candidate will get financial support for fabrication of these 1000 units. This financial support will be given from the startup fund set up by ONGC.