West Bengal govt. is going to launch a new Nijoshree Housing Scheme 2018. Under this scheme, govt. will provide 1BHK & 2 BHK Flats to people who are earning less than Rs. 30,000 monthly. WB Govt. will provide 1 BHK houses priced at just Rs. 7.28 lakh & 2 BHK Houses at Rs. 9.26 lakh. Lower Middle Income Group people will have to apply online by filling the online application form & making registration for new home.
Initially, there will be 50,000 flats on offer under this housing project. The state govt. will complete this housing project within the upcoming 2 or 3 years. A single applicant can apply only once for a single flat either it is 1 BHK or 2 BHK as per their eligibility.
The online registrations for 1 BHK & 2 BHK flats for people earning less than 15,000 or Rs. 30,000 p.m respectively will begin soon. The state govt. will invite online application forms through a dedicated portal or at govt’s official website. As soon as the application process begins, we will update it here.
West Bengal Nijoshree Housing Scheme Eligibility & Details
Under the Nijoshree Housing Scheme 2018, there are 2 categories of residential flats available for those with monthly income less than Rs. 30,000. One are those flats with 1 bedroom and others have 2 bedrooms. The complete description and eligibility for 1 BHK & 2 BHK flats are as follows:-
- 1 BHK Flats – People with monthly income upto Rs. 15,000 can now apply for 1 Bedroom, 1 Hall and 1 Kitchen houses with carpet area of 378 sq.ft. The price of 1 BHK Flats is fixed at Rs. 7.28 lakhs.
- 2 BHK Flats – People earning between 15,000 to 30,000 can apply for 2 Bedrooms, 2 Halls & 2 Kitchen homes with carpet area of 559 sq.ft. All the 2 BHK Flats will cost Rs. 9.26 lakhs.
All the flats would be built on the land available with different bodies and developmental authorities of the government. People from those sections whose monthly incomes (earnings) are not so high to purchase their own accommodations near the city will get hugely benefited from this scheme.
The state govt. has taken this decision to implement a new housing project after the success of its previous ‘Banglar Bari’ Scheme. Banglar Bari was a rehabilitation scheme where slum dwellers of Kolkata & other municipalities would be given a flat each.
Other Decisions in Cabinet Meeting
The other important decisions taken in the cabinet meeting are as follows:-
- West Bengal govt. has approved the proposed initiative of supplying green fuel to greater Kolkata within the next 5 years.
- GAIL and Greater Calcutta Gas Supply Corporation Ltd (GCGSCL) will work together for Calcutta Gas Supply Project to families residing in South 24 Parganas and North 24 Parganas, Howrah, Hooghly, Nadia and Kolkata.
- All the families would then receive gas supply at reasonable rates. Govt. will work to setup network of pipelines to supply green fuel and will try to supply it to the areas under Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority.
Cabinet Committee has also decided to upgrade 10,357 sub-centres to health and wellness centres in the state. Moreover, govt. will recruit around 5,200 grade II category nurses.